Saturday, December 30, 2006

Mule makes a fine point

90% of the press i have ever got has come from the mighty Mule, and he has done it again with a fine review of the latest 21TR CD.

I really have to find that "link HTML", but none the less. Mule gives us some high praise ending with:

"This album lives up to its title. 21 Tandem Repeats don’t want to be anyone (other than themselves). They’re tight, smart, and completely free of attitude or pretension. They’re through being cool. I wonder what they’re doing in the music business."

Funny cause i was just on that waffle last night... what the fuck am i doing in the music business... because it is a business don't you know. I guess it is my rebellion to do the opposite of what the music business would dictate, one should do with the added bonus of what I'm doing being completely right for me.

Kind of like when CT and i go out and pick up garbage from around the neighborhood because we are sick of looking at it, or when i end up on my bike almost being killed by a car... but I'm on my bike for exercise and to avoid burning fossil fuels... but the car people think the roads are for them and them only because they have selfish small minds. I always like the bike riders that go down the center of the lane taking non stop harassment from the vehicles behind who want them to move over so they can race by the cyclist and get to their oh so important rendezvous.

Or talking to my parents the other day and the fact that my niece has asthma and she is like 7 years old (lives in Toronto), and they say that most kids have it... and then the next sentence is about protecting the economy. So i ask my mom id it's more important for her granddaughter to be able to breath or that her oil stocks keep value? And don't get me wrong my Mom is a saint who would do anything for her granddaughter but the idea of "harming" the economy is so embedded into the citizens of our culture that we will continue with insane policies?

So it's up to people like me to exist as an example of doing things for the right reasons... wow where did this confidence come from? Better stop now.

No comments: