Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Why not another Blogaroo?


Blogaroo- a single post within a blog

I feel like the last series of posts was perhaps negative... And then there was that conversation with Willingdon Black in which he said something like "you have got to get that picture of me out of there". Would this one have been better... I believe that I was particularly pleased that a perfect working example of Robertson bone logic had been realized.

Getting off topic again. It was Christmas, and tomorrow I go back to work. Our family went to Pemberton and got snowed in for a day... Myself and CT went for a Christmas eve snow shoe hike into the dark valley and heard Quiet. It was very peaceful so calm in fact that I though about the city and had a violent flashing urge to smash a brick through the teeth... Wait a minute, peace and goodwill to all.

My daughter had a fine day, and was generally more interested in taking care of babies than the whole Christmas vibe. We were at Tam and Jude's place and there were presents and cheer galore, Kaiya enjoyed the excitement and the chocolate in her stocking. You see we are trying to develop some of our own family Christmas rituals that don't revolve around the idea that you MUST race out to a crowded shopping center to buy some piece of crap to show you love every member of your family (Fancy lady had some good points with regard to community shopping). CT and Kaiya made me a picture and Kaiya and I painted CT a ceramic bowl. Although not perfect our ritual is growing roots, Kaiya had a blast just hanging out all day together and I guess that a good start.

Then we came home and I locked antlers with my computer in an effort to further my "music career"... Hit laugh track. Now that would be something... If a computer could watch when a person is reading and when they hit a particular spot a laugh track plays. Possibly some scrolling thing. You know I'm just kidding, although I did spend some time trying to make music available on "free" sites. There is just too much music out there, and I don't feel music is as important as it use to be. I remember in the 70's I had a friend who was much older than I... Like an older brother and I would go and see him and in his room we would listen to Supertramp and Pink Floyd... His room was books LP's and a turntable... He was in High school and I in public school.

Take a kid in high school now, you can play video games, surf the net, play with photoshop, make movies, make music, leave irritating messages on others myspace pages, blog... It's just not the same world where Music was the main outlet.

So why should people care? But then they go ape shit over shallow celebrity news and then you are reminded about what a joke it all is.

1 comment:

The Mule said...

As an example of your last point, all my nieces and nephews got iPods for Christmas. I didn't see a single one with headphones plugged in being used for its intended purpose. They were just waved around as objects of temporary status and mass appeal mystique...to be lost down the back of the couch within a few weeks.