Thursday, December 28, 2006

Nothing wrong with CBC radio 3

So you can imagine my alarm when I get an email from the producer of the CBC Radio 3 saying that she was reading online that I was having troubles with my site. I believe it was the un fucking believable blogaroo a few posts back... a good lesson for old Robertson... When you have problems ask for help... Rather than slinking to your blog and griping. I'll say that Mary-Anne Korosi, is a fine human fighting a noble cause and all my problems are history. Well I did upload a lot more of the Canada Lynx Records catalogue (still have to do the rest of Represented and Knockout hits) so we will see what I did wrong soon enough.

If you are in a band and you are in Canada your most important site is NewMusicCanada.. or now CBC radio 3. It is your vein into the CBC, and if you do searches on the internet it is usually the CBC site that comes up first... Possibly Myspace may challenge that now, but none the less that is the key one. Your music is secure and you might even get played on the finest station going (smiley faced PR?).

It always kills me how when you want to get a gig everybody needs a physical CD to play some shithole bar where the onus is on the band to bring the party. Slipping into that negative territory...

My daughter Kaiya is up and telling me she needs the one with the bears on it so she can change a stuffed rabbits diaper... It is an hour past her bedtime and she is blocking me out of her subconscious by keeping on task.

"you need to go to bed", I say "you are sick and you were up all night last night keeping mommy and daddy up" I add. "but I, I, I ,I am just tying rabbits hair" she says.

Getting off topic

but what are blogs for.

"if you have a po po I'll put this on you" she said moments before being plucked off the floor and put back to bed

I had to work her pretty hard

now I wonder if I were to start griping about the acid farts I have been having... Would my doctor email me in a few days and tell me to cut out the "all grapefruit diet"?

No comments: