Thursday, March 02, 2006

"Eric" begat "eyes" which begat "relentless jackal"

"Eric" begat "eyes" which begat "relentless jackal"

I am not comfortable with what I will have to deal with at the next supper show.
I guy who has recently been punched in the throat, for some reason, has put a band together a week and a half ago, and he has never played in a band, is ready to come down and play the Supper Show.

About 9 months ago I let him play some drums for the portion called "Poem Moment"... Somebody reads a poem written by the audience while WB plays some smart bass lines Eyes hammers on the drums (fairly steady... Has potential", and Fire-Man honks an elaborate and insanely expensive Bugle horn tuned to some random wavelength with great effort to not leave any portions of time bereft of horn.

He thanked me profusely saying how nobody else ever lets him play. His mother even came down to the show one time and he played some drums.

Gradually he has begun to feel a sense of entitlement, and all he has to do to get it is to follow me around incessantly asking. He can feel me hating this and he has learned that I am more likely to let him just do it than to punch him in the throat.

Hence his new name "relentless jackal".

Why am worried?

Can this band play quietly like a supper show requires?

Most bands can't... Especially young bands.

Is their equipment going to pop away?

I hope they are good.

What if they are loud and irritating???

I will probably physically attack RJ? (one of my main worries)

Good that it's the Super Robertson Supper Show... Rather than the 21 tandem Repeats supper show (which it could and possibly should be called). Good because a band doesn't need this extra anxiety. Me I'm a natural this... It's what I've been training for all my life.

Why did he get punched in the throat?

I don't know, but in another sense I think I do.

I just hope to hell these guys are good.

Could always sic the horns on them... Now were cooking with gas!

I still like the Relentless Jackal supper show on Wednesdays 7 till nine out someplace in Aldergrove with special guests LOFM... that's my new life dream.

No comments: