Friday, March 10, 2006

Time is the hunter (and it will show the truth)

I have set the timer. I am baking a cake and the baby that is now 2 years old is asleep. Party tomorrow here @ 4PM... It will be a hockey game/ child birthday party... Any of the local Blog readers are of course invited. We have the room next door booked for a game of DEATH BALL.

Back to the timer... I laughed as I set it. Sooner or late we all turn into our Fathers. My dad is a timer maniac. He has been known to set the timer for the start of a TV show or when do drink water again. I remember last time I was home we talked about going for a walk and he though it was too soon after dinner and we should wait about ten minutes. "I'll set the timer for 10 minuets, does that sound good" my dad said. After a brief discussion we settled on setting the timer for 7 minutes and 20 seconds. It was a compromise from 7 minutes to 7.5 minutes... In the end the extra ten seconds gave us the time to put on our shoes so that we would be walking at the right time. Strange that a bus happened to go by a large puddle at the precise moment we were standing beside it... That last 10 second adjustment was just too much. But then on the way home (which is where we headed once we were soaked) we found $85 on the street by the curb in 4 twenties and a fin. Another tally at the score put that 10 seconds back in "golden land" as my Father so elegantly put it.

No comments: