Sunday, March 12, 2006

Dreamer

Tapes

I have so many cassette tapes, my fool partner thinks that they are garbage now that we live in a "digital world".

Why can't a guy have some good stuff that is not constantly under the threat of being wrongly classified as garbage?

What is with crazy insane maniac women thinking that they are the tidy ones which somehow gives them this ridiculous authority to go against all logic and delete thousands of great musical recordings. Just because I'm not listening to them now doesn't mean that sometime in the future I may live in a house with a large room that has a special lock that only I have the key for and in that room there will be many delightful treats. I'll probably need more than one room come to think of it. I'd defiantly like my own kitchen and recording studio. When I started this thought it was going to be a music listening room and the walls would be lined with fine speakers and all kinds of music that would make a man like Smash happy.

The thing is.. I guess 2 things

1) with the price of real estate and my tendency to remain a failure this whole idea is foolery

2) If my dreams are ever realized I sure as hell don't want to have to scavenge for these recordings that I own on cassette or recorded on cassette. That would just be stupid and wasteful.

I do understand the concept of removing yourself from personal property to free yourself from it's perils, but only a jackass Buddha would throw out sonic recordings. I can hear it now "the sounds in your head are all you really need"... Sure sure... now if you don't mind I'm going to blast some Rush so fuck off.

1 comment:

The Mule said...

Tapes...so convenient and durable. Beautiful things. I should have released all my recordings on cassette only. The last few on CD-R have deteriorated to unlistenable static within five years. Intercourse all things digital.