Sunday, February 26, 2006

Mule set to allow comments?

Blog heavyweight TR Hughes, the mastermind behind Difficult Music is now allowing comments! What this will do to the blog community one can only guess. Not since his ill fated guestbook has he exposed himself to the possibility of provincial tomfoolery.

In another unrelated story...

When I was in high school I was big into track pant pulls.
1987 was the age of the track pant... remember those Roots track pants. Everybody had a pair or perhaps the Bi-Way special.

It was safe to say that if you went to West Hill Collegiate Institute in 1987, and were holding court with some people with your back exposed for too long your pants would be yanked down around your ankles... and suddenly you would be in mid-sentence without pants. Purely hilarious.

Believe it or not, I lost my mind and got totally carried away with it. Myself and a few friends compared our daily, and weekly TPP's (track pant pulls). I remember going home on a Friday totally dejected because my TPP was under 30 for the week.

A notorious track pant puller has a hard time entering a room and getting good position on anybody. For the most part you needed to be outside on a school excursion where the group would mobilize and Vera would stand up on a picnic bench to give instruction to the crowd and then YANK...

Well on week I was neck and neck with Dean Wood... tied at 22 track pant pulls a piece... it was late Friday afternoon right at the buzzer and there was Dean in his gym Shorts talking to a nice girl... I froze with the joy of victory. A track pant pull on your opponent is worth 3... I was clear... nothing could stop my victory and to top it off pulling Dean's shorts off would seal the victory in style.

I focused on the shorts raced towards them and yanked them down.

He wasn't wearing underwear... he got the shorts back on in a flash of a second stumbling forward and leaping around with wild anger.

It was then that I saw it wasn't Dean Wood, but rather my Physical Education teacher Mr. McKay, a very strong and stern man who would be grading me shortly

No comments: