Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Band Promo Shots

Nothing can kill a band faster than ye old promo shot day.
It's the time when the tips of the iceberg's come together and the masses collide.

The collision pushes the submissive away to stew in his/her own juices.

I am fortunate, our band shots have been few and far between, have worked out well, and been mostly unnecessary thanks to the steady work of or man SNAPSHOT.

But there was this one time in the band Knockin' Dog... a band where the other leader and I did not see eye to eye on many an issue... he was never wrong, and I sat back and learned many things (one being that words to songs matter immensely, another was how not to treat people).
It got to the point when I referred to him as DIRECTOR! said with some sarcasm. He went insane making the point that he was there to help and was the only one with any real ideas. Money was spent, the night was ruined, and we lost a band member (which turned out to be for the best anyway)... some pictures were used and some cropping was done.

What would Mule do?

Would he posture away in front of a brick wall? Probably not.

It has come to my attention that 21Tr needs some band shots... I have no fear with this group... we will differ in opinion, but that difference will be executed with comedy... I can take a fucking picture if need be.

2 comments:

The Mule said...

This one time, WB and I and the bassist carried his living room furniture to a nearby gravel pit and...never mind.

ACM said...

That pit idea was superb. Ahead of my time yet again. I still have that antique table by the way. I salvaged it from my parents place, and it can be put to use again....