Saturday, February 18, 2006

Create new post

Why create new post?

Why ask why create new post?

Why not just go to bed?

What does the blogger get out of blogging?

Me, I improve my writing skills... damn skinny. You should go check the early years of the original Super Robertson Chronicles if you think I'm an illiterate jackass now. But why would you think that... you are hear reading this Eh!

Cool, I just spelt are arte... then I was thinking I could have kept it "you art here reading this Eh!". How's that for pampas nonsense.

What is MEANING and is this Blog BEING! I will use that as a song lyric.

and with that we have hit our genius and no more need to be said.

But did I ever tell you about the time I ate my roommates beef pie and replaced it with a liver pie. Perhaps I should grab a beer and elaborate... I will be back soon.

His name was Goat... for obvious reasons, and the most obvious reason was that he ended up on my hockey team, and he couldn't skate. All in all he wasn't a bad guy... but he had to pay for his poor play. So we ate his meat pie (myself and a roomate/ hockey team member)... it happened to be around the same time we though we invented brilliance. Our brilliance was this... buy some ground beef and some liver... put the liver in the blender and liquidate it mix it with the ground beef and make cheap hamburgers (we were students). The first hamburger tasted really good and remarkably like the burger of a very large burger food chain. The next one didn't go down so good, but by then we had already bought the local store out of Liver in a most regrettable move that can only be explained as savage arrogance in a young man's ideas.

So there was lots of liver in the fridge and freezer if you know what I mean. So much in the freezer as a matter of fact that there was no more room for this delinquent meat pie, so we ate it and it was good, and then we felt bad... make that guilty, so as any guilty party would do we tried to hide our guilt by camouflage... we made a pastry with water and flour filled the pie with liquid liver peas and corn and sealed it back up in it's box.

it felt like weeks until he cooked the bastard... we watched with curious excitement. The most remarkable thing was when the pie hit the plate. Lets recall that when a fine meat pie gets flopped upside down on a plate to free it from it's aluminum plate the middle gives way and steamy gravy breaks through the fluffy pastry in a delectable sight.

This thing hit the plate with a hard clack, and began to roll in a circle to settle down on the plate much like a coin would. But that didn't alert the Goat to anything as he was half watching the television... he just calmly sawed off a slab of pie, that I must add, had a fine assortment of peas and corn suspended in the cooked liver slab.

He didn't swallow... he spat it out and amazingly proclaimed that his meat pie had gone bad. We had to leave the room.

Later he received 2 free meat pie's from the store (a value of $1.98) after a long conversation with the store manager. I talked him into giving me the free one, since i was in fact a key witness in the case.

1 comment:

The Mule said...

Brilliant! A fine blogaroo, well up to the standard you set years ago with your entry about how to keep a German Shepherd at bay.