Sunday, February 12, 2006

Back to the basics

Sunday night and my "vacation" is over.

I can't wait to get back to work so I can get some peace and quiet.

Is that negative, am I becoming the minister of No Fun. Well I do live in Vancouver the city of "No Fun", but I don't buy that malarkey.

The question is? How does one spell malarkey, and is it a real word. And not only that... what the hell am I going to eat for breakfast tomorrow. A quick look in the fridge puts me in Old Mother Hubbard territory.

An old nursery rime about an elderly woman and her dog who are starving to death... do they get any food at the end of the story?

It's probably only odd having grown up in a first world nation in the 70's under financially responsible parents who made a decent income. Not having food is a rare thing for me... I recall when I first moved out to Vancouver and I couldn't get a job and I eventually took one as a stereo salesman I ate a loaf of white wonder bread one day that I got for a dollar in the past due section. That was bad, and there were a few weeks in University where all I had was Oatmeal. But the food bank saved me in University, and welfare allowed me to quit my job as a stereo salesman (recall the out of body experience from the chronicles years ago) so that I could get a better job as a mailman.

And that's what I'll be doing tomorrow... a defined task. No surprises, just me and the sidewalk, and those 2 golden retrievers.

No comments: