Friday, December 02, 2005

Politics is a jackass sport

Politicians are just plain stupid. Stupid in the sense that they will say anything that they think will get them a vote, even if what they are saying is utter nonsense that won't happen.
Take Doctor wait times, every politician is going to tackle that problem by throwing money and legislation at it. Sure sure.

In my society I have a job as a civil servant... well the geniuses up top came up with this "mini -restructure plan", that "wasn't going to affect anybody", except of course me and everybody else I work for. The head honchos who make large salaries (in the company that can't afford to pay it's workers), decided to take my mail route and cut it in half and add a massive driving and heavy lifting portion. It took 4 weeks for my back to go out and after I left the route there have been 2 people on it (for 2 months).
My doctor wrote me a note saying that I was not to do that kind of work and to put me back as a letter carrier. Now when a doctor writes a note it costs $10, the visit itself must cost plenty. Being a person who has had back problems i decided to go on sick days for a week and do my exercises... which is the same thing as physiotherapy only unsupervised and free (note... i do know what i'm doing... i have learned through experience).
Now the company that can't afford our wages, but can afford all kinds of other nonsense, sends me back to my doctor to fill out a maze of a form, which takes a longer visit and an extra $70 for fee paid by the impoverished company.
Then the company health nurse gets invovled and sends new forms with new deadlines... while all the time I AM AT WORK DOING FULL TIME LETTER CARRYING but just not this monster of an over assesed route. Then the person doing my route has a nervous breakdown and needs to go to doctors... meanwhile i have healed myself but i am getting registared mail saying i MUST go to the doctor for another assessment.
I refuse on the grounds that this is insane and a total waste of resources... the union gets involved and says "take time off work... get them to pay you to go to the doctor... it won't cost you anything", which is true if i had no conscience.

so the burracracy feeds itself and starves it's people and the politician crows from a podium that more rules and regulations under "their" principles are the answer.

Indeed.

No comments: