Saturday, October 01, 2005

"If I were a blogger..."

"If I were a blogger, I would go home and write about Shaun Playing this accordion" Roger dean Young on stage at a copperspine show September 30, 2005.

Put that one in your pipe and smoke it. Indeed, like the old Mule wisdom of "write your little poems, but please keep them to yourself", but yet a bit less poignant.

"If I were a blogger"... Which he might be if it could even crack the top 50 list of things to do.

"I would go home and write about"... Perhaps more a nod to the fact that Shaun just stole the night with an accordion clinic, but also insinuating slightly that if he felt that he had to finish the evening by somehow documenting it in an online journal then that's how he would do it.

But of course he is not a blogger, and has clearly stated his allegiance to the other camp. What a pompous ass! How the hell does he know what a blogger thinks like... O wait, he used "if I" and then "I", so I guess he's ok on that one.

Blogging is a jackass sport
My glasses Molasses
People think me strange
I don't need to know them anymore

Shaun put on a clinic last night with the accordion during the Tin Cup set. The show was a CD release for Lea Amberson. She is really good, unbelievable voice and guitar. A rhythm queen with the talents worthy of Joni Mitchell comparisons. She is going on tour with Roger this week out to Saskatchewan and back. Check the copperspine.com website for dates.

No comments: