Tuesday, October 25, 2005

The Lottery

I should start by accepting a defeat in trying to illicit a response from some auto-computer response to blog, leave a website link. It is possible however that I posted that minutes after what I thought to be my post for the day. Sorry, my Blogaroo of the day. And in effect got screened out from a response.
I wanted to talk about the lottery... WHY. Well the biggest Canadian one ever is about to go down in Canada tomorrow so the streets and papers are abuzz with people buying more and more tickets. I figured I would go with the old "a lottery is a voluntary tax" line and belittle some of the fool poor suckers being fleeced of what little they have. Yet they have hope. Where was it that I read that people need only 3 things, something to love, something to do, and to have hope... Which of course is fool nonsense because you ain't going to be doing none of that if you got no food and you are starving to death.
But the typical lottery fool really believes that they are going to win.

"Oh boy, I tell you, first to pay off the debts, pay off the mortgage, and then that's it. Enjoy it. Give it to charities. Then enjoy my life. I've been waiting for a long time," she said.

She has been waiting for a long time has she? Does she have another plan? Does she even exist, or is he just a profile that other news readers will understand?

Clearly I will have to buy a ticket now that I have challenged the omens... The only question will be, do I pick the numbers or do I let the computer do that... Or do I go with 2 sets of numbers... Do I play the extra game since I will have to check the ticket, and will most likely find out, which of course means I MUST. I wonder what lottery terminal I should buy from... Lucky junction down the street or that store that whenever I go in something really amazing and uplifting happens and it just keeps getting stronger and stronger.
Then there was that one in my dream this afternoon. That vivid numerical dream where these same numbers kept jumping out at me over and over again and now their forever burned on my retina's brain center.
Why are the walls melting? What's that behind them?

3 18 33 oh my god I hear the voices... YES YES YES I am the chosen one!!

later chumps

No comments: