Monday, July 17, 2006

fine comedy

So I go into work (Canada Post) and the lights are out above me and one looks loose (fluorescent lights) like somebody on a forklift hit it.

But in my mail sortation case is a small child's camping flashlight for me to work with so I can see the mountain of mail I have to sort.

Well I let fly with a patented S Robertson cackle, which got the rest of the station is stitches.

I worked with the flashlight for an hour and then one of the 5 supervisors on the case finally thought to turn the light switch on and lo and behold they all worked... Light again!

That sent me into a fine imitation of one of the head honcho's at a meeting I happened to remember verbatim. The problem with having a good memory is you may seem to know more than you should... Right WB. A question and answer period between Carl Fatman and WB years ago.

oh yea my imitation.

"let me tell you guys... This is a fantastic MILLION DOLLAR facility and I know you are going to love it"

Lets note that we moved from a fine building who's elevators worked and wasn't troubled by the constant work of contractors hammering and drilling away... They mis-judged when they would be ready so we can all just work together... You know the guy trying to peacefully sort his mail and the other guy who has to jackhammer a post out of the concrete, and the other guy painting with "NON FUME" paints.

But hey I'm not complaining because if 5 supervisors can't think to turn on the lights This Facility has plenty of small plastic flashlights to deal with the problem.

One per person please, these things cost money.

No comments: