Monday, November 13, 2006

The Failure generation

Hi, my name is Super Robertson... Well I'm also know by some as Mark Robertson, and I am a member of the sucker generation.

We were the fools that got zinged by education... Massive tuition increases but the strong promise of work of those with an "educated mind". A nation of hammerheads plum with student debt working in coffee shops, or doing manual labor. And we spent our 20's idolizing "the slacker" and then it was time to settle down and buy a home... Take another hosing on the housing bubble where you can get all the debt you will ever need (and then some) so you can stylise your own home on more credit.

Chip in the fact that we were the fools that have to live in a poisoned world on the broken promise of industrial progress and I think a case could be made for the term "the failure generation".

We accept insanity as normal... have we just been trained for this role?

1 comment:

GenoPetro.House said...

Unfortunately, if you weren't educated the "sucker" factor have even more social consequence..."That uneducated sucker never saw it coming. Too bad he dodnt have the resources to know better." Its a toss up my friend.

Having said that, I would have never even gone to college or grad school if I knew then what I...