Tuesday, May 09, 2006

I don't like CIBC

So it was noon when the call came in that the rent check at the sanctuary bounced.

I immediately flashed red... CIBC red that is. So I go into the bank with $600 cash on April 28 and that can't clear a $500 check on May 1.

Are the banks running the world?

Is this a figurative finger flick of a bug, where I'm the bug, and the bank got tired of me breathing too much of it's air.

Yes landlord I'm a loser who can't do anything right... Possibly I should be evicted now that the new landlords look at their options.

The same shitty CIBC that has screwed up many simple things in the past. I remember talking with the band manager Mr. Sanderson and the Assistant Manager Guaan... Oh yes but recalling now that the assistant manager doesn't know anything about banking... He only knows about sales. I swear to GOD that is exactly what the manager told me after a simple transaction had gone M.I.A for the third straight time. And then he added this beauty... "We will just tell them that it's a bank error... It happens all the time, don't worry about it".

How the hell is that bank still in business?

In all seriousness...
is it Banks are so important to the economy that it matters not what the do with the small stuff.

Are people just sold on banks as a brand?

Why don't I change.

Can I tolerate another incompetent institution to throw forms and personal investment profile score sheets in front of be as I am isolated into a "sales booth" to find out which kind of account suits my personal profile?

And if I were to say "I want an account that gives me access to my fucking money, and one where "ghost" transactions don't happen... An account that pays the interest at the going rate and doesn't gouge my eye out for transactions that they may or may not even authorize at the moment of truth."
what answer would I get... Probably a pause and then direct my eyes back down to the questionnaire to assess again my profile to see if I am indeed a "Very aggressive Investor"

The mortgage is now with INGdirect.

No comments: