Friday, November 02, 2012

I knew i should have tossed those underwear

So i went to Yoga today... you know to try and get some balance, some perspective and some deep breathing and being shammed into doing core ab work.

A little banjo in the room before hand that maybe jammed on a bit too long, so i thought i was running late... but we do have a weird thing with time around here.  I don't get it but it happens... every clock is set at a different time and they are all running early...  I think it's to trick the homeowner into a rush panick hence motivating the said person with a deeply ingrained fear complex. I do get to things on time, except for morning school but i'm usually right in under the line.

So yes I was running what i thought is late, but not so...  I almost forgot the water bottle... not good... already dehydrated from too much coffee. So I grab it and throw it in with mat, shirt and shorts... later in the change room i notice my water bottle top has come off in my bag wetting my shirt and shorts.  Oh NO! grab the water and upright it, put shorts on hook, check shirt and mat.. not too much water it's OK... take wallet and keys from pants and put beside bag.. bag is wet, put shirt on, pack away clothes, focus on wallet... become obsessed about losing keys and wallet.. top up water bottle while deciding to put wallet and keys in wet bag, because wet bag is still secure bag... see clothes in cubby, grab bag with wallet and keys, grab mat, grab water and go out and set up.

Surly i would have grabbed less attention with shorts on rather than entering in my late Fathers recycled underwear... i rarely wear that pair cause they are a little ratty... they don't even fit properly.  Dad bought underwear most likely on sale but it was too big for him, but he couldn't take them back so i had to take them so we can all sleep at night knowing that we didn't waste any money.

I think everybody in the class looked at this as a generally unfortunate  incident, but being Yoga people they were mostly like "yes that did happen, i observe things, and i will now breath this away"

I can only guess what they were thinking... i felt the room change and in the mirror, i saw myself... oddly enough it was the weird tufts of hair i have on my neck that jumped out at me, and then the fact that the left Handlebar moustach was tucked under my chin and the right one was at a 45 degree angle to my right cheek...

And then i actually though for a second "why is this mirror not showing my shorts?" Right around the thought "Those Underwear, are you serious..." i was definatley jolted by the release of some panic mammilian neurotransmitter, that actually shook me for a second.

In the end it was a fine class and i opened some regions and on the beautiful walk home i witnessed 3 electric leaf blowers.  It was taking the suckers forever and one guy had terrible posture.  i could have had that area raked in 1/5 the time... but we all make mistakes from time to time.


No comments: