Monday, June 18, 2012

Open letter to Adele

Greetings Adele,

Now i imagine that a person in your position probably has every jackass and his brother trying to pitch songs to you by the truckload.  I think the words "no unsolicited material accepted" make a good point. And of course you seem to be coming up with some pretty good material so "why fix what isn't broken"?

Well songs are songs, and i have this song called "Never wanted to be anyone".  I started writing it years ago when i got into music and we were all sitting around and the discussion was "Who do you want to be?", as in "Do you want to be the next Keith Richards, or the next Robert Plant...?".  My answer was that i wanted to be the first me, i didn't want to spend my life trying to fit into somebodies image of what i should be.

It appears that you are doing that, under what i can only imagine, would be incredible pressure... Well done!  From my vantage point you are the best singer going and would surly kill the song.  In fact driving back from the beach today one of your songs came on the radio and as we were grooving one of my daughters suggested i get you to sing... i mentioned you might be a bit busy, but hey, if you never ask you will never receive... so they say.

So here is the song, if it can't speak for itself then this whole conversation is for nothing.

Never Wanted to Be Anyone

These are the best years of our life
You got to live them while you can
While your a young woman
you got to live good
you got to sing good
you got to feel good

I never wanted to be anyone
Just want to be like myself

These are the strange and significant years
And I'm not shedding tears
You got to get what you can, while you can
you got to live good
you got to sing good
you got to be good

I never wanted to be anyone
Just want to be like myself




My first open letter, let the mocking begin.

sincerely,

Super Robertson

No comments: