Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Not worth reading...

The amount of correspondence I have had with work, benefits and medical forms lately are absolutely mind-boggling. For the record there is nothing really wrong with me... besides the obvious... that being I do what I do because I think it is a good idea based on multiple factors having to do with my state of mind and what it is I want to learn. If I were a natural consumer, I would have an easier go of it... riding the highs of new products and buffered with the comfort of minimum credit card payments. Where was I... oh yes my point was to do with the insane bureaucracy of a few simple claims, THAT ARE LEGITIMATE IN THEIR ENTIRETY. It is my belief that we have spent far more man-hours on this issue than would justify in the claim in the first place. It's just an old-fashioned chess match now with the opposition believing “well perhaps we can just stall this into eternity by requesting other more irrelevant information, one letter at a time”, and the home team now believing "Fuck you! You are paying cause that's the deal". It's true that an incompetent supervisor who can't punch 4 digits into a computer correctly may have opened the window for denial, but right is right and wrong is wrong, probably why they hire supervisors who are dumb as a post. Somewhere in this shithole I have a plaque for perfect attendance, which apparently recognizes my ability to put my work ahead of other things... there were many a nights when I stayed a few pitcher of beers too late at the SRSS, but who the fuck was at work the next morning @ 6:30 taking care of business so the company wouldn't lose... it was the guy with hundreds of hours of sick time. For the record I don't think anybody should ever call in sick if they "do it to themselves", you should call in sick when you are sick so you don't go breathing on your goddamn co-workers fucking up their rhythm. It's no wonder people go mad, you hold up your end of the bargain, and then when it is your turn to be re-inbursed, new rules are added, quaint phrases are recited, lines blur, and your resolve is tested.

I can almost see it in the board room "OK boys, just go out and fuck everybody and we figure 40% won't even push back... and that's pure profit right there". Sure it's well known, but it's also mentally taxing, and it really fucks with one's ability to achieve completion, as well as having any faith in the system we live in.

I was reading in the news that we are just too damn stupid, as people, for democracy to work. This is something I have been telling anybody who will listen, and others who won't for years... When you have an analyst on television breaking down an election and they say things like "well so and so just talked too intelligently, which alienated the voters who felt more comfortable voting for somebody who talked like they did"... at the level of a grade 4 student, you have to wonder. If you were in a spaceship going to the moon and the guy driving the thing said a bunch of things that seemed intelligent and knowledgeable, you wouldn't say... hey wait a minute can we get that slang talking son of a bitch in her to drive this puppy. No you wouldn't, you would take comfort in the fact that the person with your life in their hands has a solid grasp on the issues that could spell an end.

I mean as a society we still argue over whether humans are in fact impacting the planet in a way that will make it difficult to sustain life, even though you can measure man made toxins in a fetus... and here we thought fetuses were worth protecting at all costs. Or is it protecting control of decisions... apparently there will be a "modernized" environmental assessment agency, that will do away with all of these nasty little problems that happen when man efficiently extracts valuable natural resources. Are we going to solve the problems, or just pass a rule that says you can ignore them? I think we know the answer... how are you to stay sane? You can't take drugs, that will cost you time in a prison paid for by the taxpayers, and essentially ruining your employability forever, not to mention other problems. Speaking of that, I think if you are going to make drug policy they you should have to experiment with the drug... just so you actually know, for sure what the hell you are talking about... Just an idea. It just seems like there are an incredible amount of people, working people, useful people, tax paying people, that smoke grass... and so to criminalize and jail all those people, it kind of seems bad for the economy. I was thinking, like if you let good people who smoke grass grow a few plants then they will have all the grass they need, you will solve your crime money problem, and you won't need to jail good people. Is it about the drug, or the choice? I mean I don't know, I have never smoked grass because it's illegal and I am afraid of the penalty, but I seems like some of the people who do aren't out to harm... yadda yadda

I guess I need a new point.

Then there is the guy running Canada at this moment... clearly not an idiot... not dumb at all, highly intelligent actually, but yet has been a leader on the climate change denying front for many years, he is swiftly progressing his agenda... but who for? Is there some chance that he and his children won't have to live in this planet? Or is there some weird guarantee that if you act in totally corporate interests then you will be promised the last glass of fresh water.

I don't know, perhaps I’m just totally insane, this human path we are on make no sense to me. Everything I have learned from listening and watching is essentially the same as some bizarre language rule... yes I always comes before e... oh but there is a c there... sorry you are Shit out of luck this time.

Oh yea and on the robocall issue- If you are dumb enough not to vote in 2011 because some automated call phoned you to tell you your polling station had changed, then you don’t deserve to vote. The idiot Conservative party won because it formed a coalition with the idiot Reform party, meanwhile the idiot Liberal party and the idiot NDP party refused to do so and got outfoxed on the issue. The also did well to deliver the senile vote.

In the end it’s all just memories, and deficits, and irreversible environmental catastrophes, and the elimination of the middle class consumers buying power, and the dumbing of society as a whole… just don’t smoke grass it will make you a dumb criminal.

No comments: