Sunday, April 01, 2007

the good the bad and the shitty

I went to see my buddy Ruth Minnikin at the main last night... we shall call her my buddy as she and the band Reels played the Supper Show last Wednesday. unfortunately when you are running a supper show you often miss the opportunity to become intimate with the performance as there is always somebody willing to tell you something. I got myself a potent dose of her beauty last night when the song "Stairs" came close to bringing me to tears.

I was kind of braying like a fine ass having missed RICOCHET at the Shadbolt Centre. There was a 2pm matinee show but i spent 1-2PM climbing the exterior of our building trying to kill some pigeons with a broom. wen i got back down to the ground my 3 year old daughter said "Daddy i need to have a conversation with you", she then wagged her finger at me saying "you shouldn't do that, that is very dangerous and you could fall down and hit your head, OK, i want you to look at me...". My wife had said something to the effect that "maybe this isn't the best time to scale 40 feet up the exterior of the building in an attempt to murder pigeons.

We are gathered here today to honor the passing of Super Robertson, who died yesterday after falling 30 feet onto a concrete patio... what possessed him to do such a bone headed thing one will never know, although anybody who knew him knew he was prone to rage induced bad decisions.

I did find out that they guy above me had a pigeon nest on his balcony... i don't think he uses his balcony... and perhaps... i still like my Falcon idea.

The bottom line. I cannot have pigeons shitting on me anymore. I should go and get some stone and carve that into the stone and then perhaps launch that stone through a window.

1 comment:

The Mule said...

You're doing good work, SR. Our window ledges are laden with pigeon guano. I'm sure we'll contract the plague at some point.

I didn't see Ricochet myself, but rumour has it that Smash went last night.