Sunday, September 10, 2006

I am now officially pissed off!

I was wondering what my next post would be about... i was hoping for something a little more uplifting or maybe something about the fact that I have in my possession the new 21TR CD.

But no, you see I had this guy "old seed" from Winnipeg coming to play the Super Robertson Supper show... It was all lined up for some time, and he is really quite good. But today I got an email about the fact that he can't play the show because he got a show the night before at the media club and to get that show he has to sign an exclusivity agreement meaning that he can't play any other club in town.

Hence my official state of being pissed off.

A human being can't play a free show for other humans in a laid back environment because some (%%%^$*&&^()^$ *^)&%%^$*(*&^%. You know what I mean.

I have a good mind to out bid the media club to either make them pay more, or to just win. It would cost me plenty but so have many of my "principled" decisions over the years. Most likely there has been a contract signed already... For sure. I mean I'm glad he got a paying gig, but I am enraged at the idea that some corporate entity has dammed him from playing the Supper show.

There will be a reaction... Anybody into going and marching with protest signs in front of the media club on Tuesday September 19th?

No comments: