Saturday, December 15, 2012

Lets go into a little gun interlude

There i was walking to school, to pick up my 3 kids, and strangely enough the idea that somebody might be in the hallway with an assault rifle popping off rounds into my neighbours and our children was there in my head.  In the normal Robertson dream sequences i play it through in my head... I have no gun... i will have to bum rush the bastard on foot, leap tackle him, make sure his head smashes concrete as we land and then fuck that bastard up.  In reality i would probably be shot 40 times when  i got within 8 feet of the swine, but even in the dream sequence i imagine myself dogging the bullets somehow.

The question then becomes at what time did it become rational for a parent on the way to school to pick up his child in grade 3, and two in Kindergarten to be actively planning a counterattack on a gunman.  I mean the next logical step is to go out and get a conceal and carry permit and have a loaded gun on my person at all times, so that i will be ready to deal with a situation like such if it should come up.  Sure maybe i have a better chance if i have a loaded weapon on my person, but i would argue that having a loaded weapon on my person changes my person in the direction of the negative.

I still get the flying hugs after school front the twins... I'd be like "easy easy, we have that loaded gun there, just in case".   Pretty good guarantee my wife would be violently against me parading around with a gun "just in case", i might actually get a more favourable reaction if i chopped a tree down on the property, and we know that doesn't go well at all.

But that is the gun answer right... if everybody had a gun then there would be a proper counter attack.  OK i see that logic, but there are still a lot of bullets flying around in the school hallways... Hmmm... think, think, think!  I'm thinking the goal is nobody under any circumstances goes and sprays up a round of bullets anywhere... and of course the last place a shooting spree should ever occur is in an elementary school... the last refuge of the innocent.

Part of me might want to say that somebody if they are up for a massacre should go and try to shoot up an NRA meeting... at least these people are kind of waiting for that to happen and will be ready for the battle.  Not that i condone attacking anyone for any reason at all.   But these attackers always go for the unarmed and then turn their gun on themselves... what is behind that?

My guess might be that our whole society is a fraud... bankers rewarded for ruining people, companies rewarded for destroying the planet, obvious truths denied, money over integrity every time... i mean it's pretty easy to see and then there is the whole glorified violence angle.  I mean i haven't watched TV in 2 decades, and i have never played killing video games, but i do know that the one time i got into martial arts for a bit i spent a lot of time thinking about fighting, which is why i never pursued it further.

To be honest I'm not sure gun control will work... the guns are out there already... control only works if people abide by it.  There are plenty of illegal things out there that i could get my hands on very quickly if i pursued them.  That said i wouldn't be against gun control, i just see it as some major annoying fight that will drag on forever with morons claiming insanities and other morons being "shocked and frightened" and the whole lunatic machine just spinning.

There is just no way that this stuff should ever happen, much less become routine, it is fucking asinine.

No comments: