Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I just punched back a few more episodes of "The Wire" and then down for a night of blogging, or is it a morning of blogging. After hanging with 3 kids all day a man can really get into a little of the old AM silence if you know what i mean. Probably not actually, because most of the sissies (no offense) with kids my age are sleeping away worried about what tomorrow might bring... my attitude (for some reason i use to always try to put "additute" but the spell check finally straightened me out... who said you can't teach an old dog new tricks). Anyhoo, which is not a word, by the way... my attitude is that tomorrow is going to happen anyway (if we are lucky).. he says as he hears a police or military helicopter go by.

In some ways it's a rather easy day tomorrow, i have a band coming to play the Super Robertson Supper Show, so all i have to do is either stay home, or show up and force the crowd to write a poem and then force the band to preform that said poem, which will be harder on them than on myself of course. I bet you old Mule is glad he is not on deck tomorrow night... Olympic security, band with set, lunatic with principle.

Principle is like values you have.
Principal is the guy in charge of your school.

I remember my mother telling me that your principal can be your "pal"... she was a primary school teacher. Sure as hell wasn't my pal. Principal's have no sense of humour, when it comes to practical jokes and their feelings for destruction of property are not aligned with my own...

I was a special kid in school... there were a few Principal's that saw something in me and tried to reach out and i always ended up disappointing.

It was the principal who encouraged me to be the only boy in "french club" and then when we sang that song at the assembly i pulled the curtain on us.

It was the principal who saw me as a "leader" for the band as my early trombone skills set a good pace, but then there were too many complaints from the clarinet section about kids getting bopped in the back of the head with the business end of the trombone "outer side", so then i got moved to percussion because i needed to hit things but the reins were too heavy and i snapped at the Christmas assembly in front of all of the parents and went for an ad-lib solo. My Pal showed such anger in those eyes and those lips... thin moustache quivering... sorry man,. I'm just a natural ass hole.

No comments: