Sunday, December 28, 2008

201st post... good comedy Snow in Vancouver.

I was reading in the news today that some guy did some major damage to his house trying to clear the snow off his wooden deck with a flame thrower. Which was oddly an idea i had just the other day... well substitute wood house with intersection at Glen and 10th. As i thought through my plan i did think of the paint jobs on the cars nearby. The few people i told my plan to laughed at me... none the less it was Keith who came out and said "OK you have finally guilted me into it" and I who shoveled the street. Some people scoffed and said "our tax dollars should do that"... i said "spend my portion on more trees, or community programs". I mean i have the 3 young kids at home for days getting restless and needing an adventure... we were getting out for sure!

Later when i was shoveling out the drains on the street somebody did call me "the street hero". to me it was fun, "man versus nature" is always better than "man bitching to man about nature or the city services"... save that shit for the CBC news comments.

No comments: