Friday, June 13, 2008

I remember


Earlier today, i thought that when i signed into or onto this old blog that i would just go mental in a tirade on what a shithole Translink is. You see i was out with the twins and i tried to take a bus... but the fucking ass hole bus driver wouldn't let me on because my stroller ( the smallest one made for twin babies) was WAY TOO LARGE. The next bus was too crowded and the one after had 2 large strollers on it. Yea yea... it reminded me of over bureaucratic unionized work. In some book there is a standard that gives some cruel and incompetent fool a chance to stand up for something and wave a rule in the face of 3 fine humans and scream off like some great villain victor. And here is me trying to sell transit on everybody i meet.


I have delivered Mail for 15 years and there are many rules i could follow that would allow me to not deliver about 30% of the mail... I could waive a rule in somebodies face and hold their mail. me... i find a way to get the mail out by making rational decisions.

Our societies ability to have citizens make rational decisions seems to be at an all time low.

and then i remembered the pie

I baked an apple pie today, and forgot about it.

Can you comprehend that?

Could you bake a pie and completely forget that.

i remember it now... I was in the kitchen the babies where in their room screaming their heads off, kaiya was in the front yard digging, and i was making dinner when i came across a surplus of apples that were aged nicely. thinking about a fruit run tomorrow i figured i better clear the stock so i made an apple pie.

The babies didn't want to sleep.. they wanted to hang with me and i think the pie got in the oven... but it was a bit over stuffed and some of the sweet juice dripped over and the oven smoked a bit (from the juice on the oven floor *** remember the drip pan)
and by then CT was home again and she unplugged the fire alarm (***better fix that now) that is hyper sensitive. Then i think i turned the pie off and left it in the oven.

I just had apple pie with a slice of fine aged cheddar cheese. Pro.


S Robertson

3 blogs
3 websites
a flicker account
a youtube account
4 CBCradio 3 band accounts
10 CD Baby pages
countless Music group sites


and at the bottom of the list we have
5 myspace accounts
1 facebook account

the final two you get because you think you have too to "network"...

i should go back to the pie

1 comment:

The Mule said...

Strollers on transit—it's a tricky issue with me, I'll admit. Some strollers really are just WAY TOO LARGE. Then again, with 1-year-old twins, a Snugli is not a viable option. Maybe we can discuss it over apple pie sometime.