Thursday, November 10, 2005

Jackass

Some days I don't think that I'm like other people.
I guess we all feel that way every now and then, and I believe a truth to be there. We are all individual with our own set of programming and experience information. We use this information to react to future situations. How we use it differentiates us further.
"The flowers on the floor are very pretty please"
A young girl names Sharon said that one time into an old school tape deck in the living room of a cottage at 15 Balsam drive in Tiny township. Was it possibly the fact that, because it was on tape, I heard it repetitively causing me to remember the moment some 25 years later sitting at my "SUPERCOMPUTER" on a rainy Thursday morning.
Never mind that, I have remembered that often... it was also the fact that my sister pointed out that the sentence was very strange, and mostly because of the word "please".
Wonder where that tape is... probably in the garbage... the place fool people think that old tapes should go. I bet you I have 8-14 albums of song ideas in a box of tapes that I have fought vigorously to keep. There is a law in our house NEVER EVER THROW AWAY TAPES,MEDIA OR MEDIA RECORDING DEVICES. Certain members of my family giggle at that law as if it were a child amusing them. Indeed.
The Jackass has Hay breath tapes were in the garbage outside the sanctuary for about 2 hours... It was ultimately my paranoia that saved them. Don't let them ever tell you paranoia is a bad thing sparky.
The tapes had been turned over to The Mule for mixing but then in what turned out to be one of the more bizarre evenings in this life the tapes ended up back at the sanctuary with myself and Smash for an evening we spent trying to outmaneuver each other. The two of us like rocks set in our position, justifying, simplifying, and at one point I hid one of the tapes that I felt should not be touched. Smash of course had other ideas, and being a man not shy to share those ideas, the plot thickened.
I believe we did some work on Bay City kitty, possibly some other things, but defiantly finding out that it album was done and that it was time to let go.
Looking back it stands as a good release, if perhaps sonically weak (ever ran a 4 track and debated the necessity to retake a song). I say sonically weak in the idea that what hit the tape had extremely low levels. Set against 21 tandem Repeats the ocean is life... which I would call lo-fi, but the levels were pretty good. It has the same "artistic feel"... although I wouldn't put a long extended jam on a record that I was in charge of, not that there is anything wrong with that, but just my preference. Shit man now I am getting into a critique of the various releases... better go now

No comments: