Sunday, January 02, 2011

A more positive Robertson

I was thinking today that i should try to be more positive this year, and perhaps my engagements will be more productive. Perhaps less anger, fewer swearing tirades, less time hating objects and people for their shortcomings... perhaps i could spend a day not loathing plastic garbage litter, and then making some connection to how it represents how fatally ignorant humanity has become.

Because we have had all of those thoughts, over and over again... they are old thoughts and they end in despair. There is always something positive happening, you just need your radar adjusted to tune it in. When i was a kid i was a bird watcher... something i did with my day and my neighbour and others. I have often been out with people hiking or anywhere and amazed people with my ability to spot birds. Driving down the highway i point out hawks left right and center... and people say "how the hell do you always see them"... and the answer of course is because i have been trained to see them, and i like seeing them, and i am interested in them so i know their habits and what they like to do, and where they like to be.

The point is they are always there it's just that most people don't see them because they are not looking for them. It's like the positive or the negative, what are you looking for?

I just need to train myself to find the positive.
That an playing the piano is what i need to do this year.

OK

No comments: