Friday, March 13, 2009

obvious

In doing my things that a man in my position does... i happened to be pacing the house in a fine waffle over something that really doesn't matter looking at the ground and all when i saw a spider walk across the floor... and i thought, well the natural response would be to kill it, but yet the obvious response would be to see if this guy, or girl for that matter can make a go of it in this environment. if the spider can stay healthy then i believe the proper wording would be... "the spider and i live in symbiosis". The rogue translation of that would be that if the spider is eating well then perhaps the spider is doing me a service in decreasing the population of other small invertebrates.

I have been writing a lot of songs lately... using deadlines to hammer myself with a tidal wave of failure. Sometimes i feel like wile-e-cyote (sp?) pulling an umbrella out as protection from a large boulder falling from a very high cliff.

Now I'm not an entomologist but yet i have a pretty high degree of certainty that this particular spider is not poisonous.

Of course if it was a wasp (and insect that also eats insects) i would definitely not be relaxed right about now. I believe i have made my case for that over the years.

No comments: