Friday, March 16, 2007

untame

So i had the pleasure of somebody telling me that, and i quote, "Vancouver is a city immune to stupidity, not like other places". we were talking about real estate... i couldn't resist saying "not even GOD could crash the market here"... there was a pause and then a stern look and he shot back "I think you are right on that one".

Let the good times roll I say. Art Perry had a good one as well... he gave me a copy of his lecture on postmodernism. It started "it is not difficult to understand postmodernism, but at times it is hard to swallow. Ba Boom! I'd pay money to get in on that lecture... One art degree coming up! i can add it to my collection of useless degrees and accomplishments.

I remember meeting one big idiot a long time ago... you couldn't run into that said person without them spending a half hour telling you how they were a member of the Duke of Edinburgh Club, as if that was some great honor. I dated a girl later that knew the idiot from high school and she was also a member of the Duke of Edinburgh Club, and the basically did nothing except go for a hike one time and the big idiot missed it because of a "deep tissue injury in the leg".

some days i wonder what the future holds for me. As humans we tend to resist change even though it may be just what we need... was it in King Lear "fortune turn thy wheel"

I also noticed how all the "hockey fans" at work are coming over to my case in the morning to gloat about how their team is unbeatable and my team is struggling to make the playoffs. even though there team is my other team that shall remain nameless as to not curse the god's... wo that's 2 God words in one blogaroo... good thing i didn't get into the catholic school vs french immersion option, as i am one who believes that religion, he pauses and thinks about how to articulate.... should he... i realize that religion gives many good people a place in a community but ultimately i think it is bull shit in that it seems to be an all or nothing game that often leads devout followers to hate others because... because why?

sleep

No comments: